8.3.07

To the women


Today is the international Women Day. And as tribute to all the women and especially to those whom read me, I picked this poem for you... You could found this and others poems right here. So, 'till next time people...


A Woman's Tale


From the day that we are born
Newly innocent,without scorn
With the first airs on our skin
Fickle fortune does begin


Cradled as the fairer sex
So genteel and uncomplex
Society's labels firmly pressed
On our psyche's like a crest


Does it matter, what you know?
As you reach a high plateau?
Accomplish feats beyond the norm?
To change the world where you were born?


Choices made and battles fought
Survival instincts......deep of thought
World kept on an even keel
While strutting on stiletto heels


Education............ politics,
Baby bottles won't conflict
Taken all straight to the heart
Resulting in a fresh new start


I am woman, hear me roar
Soft as petals, yet hard core
I am the earth, my tears the rain
My body choices...... public domain


Yet when all is seen and done
The progress made,the battles won
We see our faces with fine lines
And fear we're so far........ from...... divine


Anita




Technorati : ,